Who am I?
Hello, I am Janne Jalkanen, and this site is my web log (see the BloggerCode for me).
I currently work as a Tech lead of S-kaupat, a part of the S-group. However, I am writing as a private person, and nothing written on this blog should be considered an official opinion of the company. I represent myself, not the corporation. (And please don't bother them about me, either. ;-)
Janne is a tinkerer, dreamer, dad and a hardcore geek. He has worked in the past from industries big and small: from a Virtual Reality researcher to testing code for spacecrafts; from doing corporate strategy to Nokia to being the CTO of an internet start-up. Janne is sometimes referred as the godfather of Near Field Communications for his role in driving the technology into the Nokia portfolio and in standardization. Janne is also a member of the Apache Software Foundation, and has been managing open source projects on and off for the past ten years. On his spare time he's a dad to two children, and enjoys playing go and role playing games, reading, and driving a bicycle.
A high-rez image JanneJalkanen/Janne.jpg. Credit: Kai Widell.
If you get a strange urge to talk to me, you can catch me from the following places:
- Email: email@example.com (preferred)
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/ecyrd
- Github: http://github.com/jalkanen
- Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/janne-jalkanen/0/a/a0 (Please note that I will only accept connections from people I actually know. You will need to have worked with me on something, where "work" is very loosely defined. A booze binge counts if we had deep talks.)
- Phone: +358-50-ln(239). Use only seven first digits from the ln(). (Yes, this is a very geeky way of announcing your mobile phone number, but hey, consider it a challenge ;-)
- My GPG key
- My CV (pdf, about 100k).
Some more, perhaps more descriptive things about me
Venture forth on these pages, but be prepared for a sudden boredom attack:
- Twenty Questions - Music Style
- Some dumb tests I've taken over the years
- Why am I writing in English instead of Finnish - my native language?
Sometimes I get this urge to blorp out words in a random order. Whenever my SEPU (Self-Esteem Protection Unit) crashes, I put them on the internet:
- On resigning - thoughts on when and why giving up is the better choice
- Permalinks considered harmful - why they just don't cut it right now
- Software Commoditization - why Linux will rule in the end
- Theory Of Social Software
- HydraWiki - what we really, really want Wikis to be
- Let's Face It - the most annoying phrase in English
- Wikis look ugly - or do they? A rebuttal of a meme.
- We Lied To You - a letter to the media industry
- Debugging conversations - why it's not always good to say "but..."
Jotain olen kirjoittanut myös suomeksi, pääasiassa blogeista:
- Mikä on blogi - lyhyt essee aiheesta
- Miksi välitän bloggauksesta
- Blogit ovat henkilökohtaisia
Things that form a clear episode of my life: blogged, cut, edited and deep-fried for your viewing pleasure.
Stuff that I work on these days
- JSPWiki - an Open Source wiki tool. This site also runs JSPWiki, but in a slightly modified form.
- FinGo - A Finnish go wiki.
- Strange scientific experiments.
- Role playing games
- Kultainen Kuukkeli 2003
- Priha - An Open Source JSR-170 (aka Java Content Repository) implementation.
|"Janne Jalkanen" last changed on 01-Jun-2022 22:23:06 EEST by JanneJalkanen.|