Soft golems like water
The con afterparty was... nice, and we ended up to have a continuation party after a continuation party. I can assure you that every word that I write here is a product of serious contemplation, as I seem to be unable to type the simplest word without errors, Gnröf.
Anyway, this year's con went past flying. I don't know how that's possible, but I didn't get into the "con mood" until somewhere around Saturday evening, and then the con was halfway over anyway. I was also extraordinarily tired, and perhaps a bit feverish too.
I also think I made a major screw-up, but I am not so sure. The story is still a bit hazy, and apparently a catastrophe was avoided barely, no thanks to me... :-/ Oh well. This year we had an unusual number of mishaps, mistakes, and miscommunications; but luckily most of them were invisible to the public. I guess the people who are arranging the con are getting a bit tired, or a bit too sure, so it's possible to be a bit more careless. I know I was guilty of it...
It's hard to understand that it's already over now. It just got started!
I also apologize for this sudden carnal turn this blog has taken.
Overheard on the info desk:
"Hey, can you give me the key to the storage room?"
"Err... Do you work here?"
"Yeah, I am the head organizer."
We're waiting to see the new Star Wreck trailer, but unfortunately it is 200 km away, traveling here at 200 km/hour... So we'll be hearing an impromptu "making of".
(Joc insisted that I mention her. She was very touching as Ophelia in the dating game. :-)
Take 10 live-roleplayers in their favorite characters, steal the format from the dating game, and add an audience that is fully embracing the idea. Fun!
The annual 3000-person role playing convention "Ropecon" is here, and I am, as usual, working there. I'll be moblogging from there, so watch this space if you can't come...
Stuff to remember when you are attending Ropecon
- Tape Survivor, since you're not going to get much time to get home anyway.
- Buy fridge full of food, since you will not have time to go shopping.
- But buy only food you can eat also later next week, in case you don't come home until Sunday.
- Go board
- A change set of clothes
- A towel (which is also usable as an impromptu larp outfit, especially if you wish to roleplay yellow mold.)
- Juggling balls
- Emergency snack food
- Take out the trash, because by god it's gonna smell on Sunday evening otherwise
- Clean the apartment, in case you get ad-hoc sleepover guests
- Find good shoes, 'cos you're gonna be standing the whole three days
- Charge all electronic equipment, especially the camera.
- Don't forget to take the camera charger.
- Load up on cash, because the local ATMs might run out of it.
- Be sure you're well rested, since there is no rest in the 'con.
|"Ropecon 2003" last changed on 25-Aug-2003 09:00:57 EEST by JanneJalkanen.|