It's over for another year. Now it's time for the inevitable discussion on the awards, the gala, the judges and their mental capacity. I have to say that one of the more memorable moments of the evening was the round-table discussion on how many death threats each of the bloggers have received, and how many of them were anonymous... There are downsides to saying things in public: no matter how you say it, someone is going to dislike it.
Anyway, I would like to thank many people for making the evening a success:
- Outi for being our official IRC transcriber, and putting up with the morons. Next year, we'll certainly do the IRC show on another channel.
- KatjaW for being our gracious and voluptuous door hostess.
- Kari for pressing the button
- Hakkis for being the DJ (I have a feeling there's a blog post coming about a certain particular event relating to this...)
- Mindy and Jaakko for making the whole evening work
- Earl Grey and Misu for making the completely amazing and cute award statues. You rock!
- Mike for the review that was complete even before the gala was finished
- Kolibri for taking part in the jury sessions from 7500 km and ten time zones away.
- Charlie Schick of Nokia Lifeblog (who has pictures, BTW, on his blog) for sponsoring the gala event
- Ramin Miraftabi for the voting system
- Janne Jääskeläinen for the incredible logo
And finally, all the winners for writing such darned good blogs.
Back to weblog
|"Main_blogentry_280405_1" last changed on 28-Apr-2005 15:22:02 EEST by JanneJalkanen.|