Okay. Now that I have actually calmed down a bit, and had a nice steaming mug of tea, I can try and gather my wildly rampaging thoughts of the evening. Here are some moments and flashes from the evening:
- Being the IRC host. I hope nobody thought I was badly drunk - I just could not see the keyboard because I was in the corner and there was only little light.
- Windows (the one running the big screen) crashed at the beginning of the show. Yay. Hopefully nobody noticed.
- (We should've projected the IRC channel on screen in the cases where we knew the winner was on the channel - note to self)
- Being the IRC host was fun also because I got to be a proxy for people - I delivered a kiss to Shine (though I did not know that she was Shine, bugger), hugged Tira & Mindy, and would have had my face bashed in by Mikki, IF I had delivered the requested kiss.
- Getting a chance to talk with the beautiful, smart and talented Kanerva, the evening's only double winner. It was a pleasure.
- The man who walked in, looked at us with some relief on his face and said: "Good. I was almost certain this was a hoax, you know."
- For once in my life, having an ample amount of drink coupons in my pocket. Drinks that someone else would pay for.
- Being called "the second best dressed man in the room". By a lady I did not know beforehand, nonetheless. Of course, the best dressed man was Mike P, but I'm used to losing to him. Losing things like my Robin Hood tapes. Grr.
- Being in the corner for the most of the show, and missing a lot mostly because a tall Greek God blocked my view. But the IRC party was cool, even though the GPRS was patchy at times.
- My very own award :)
- Seeing all of the people mingle, talk, get to know each other. So many were present (I counted 50 at one point, probably missed a few). It felt good.
- Earl Grey's nice hat, which I completely neglected to mention during the evening, so I'll do it here.
- "Yeah, I read that in your blog. It was funny."
- The feeling of fulfilment after all of the plotting and scheming.
Back to weblog
|"Main_blogentry_260304_2" last changed on 26-Mar-2004 13:44:50 EET by JanneJalkanen.|