JSPWiki on a cell phone
- Download Sun's preview of Java 6 on ARM and transfer to N900
- On N900 mkdir /opt/java, untar the downloaded JRE there
- Copied existing Tomcat installation with JSPWiki 2.8 to /opt/tomcat/ (could've also done an installation from scratch, should've worked)
- Used QEmacs to tweak a couple of config files (server.xml needed the default Tomcat control port changed away from 8009, and jspwiki.properties needed to point at the right directory)
- set up JAVA_HOME to point at the /opt/java/ejrexxx dir.
- run /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.16/bin/startup.sh
- point browser at http://localhost:8080/JSPWiki/
And voila - we have a full Java JSP webapp (the same one that is currently serving you these pages) running on a cell phone. Since my setup stores all wikipages as flat text files, I can use it as a local text editor with hypertext editing capabilities. Or comes else comes to mind.
(Tried shooting video too, but it was too blurry on my backup camera.)
Back to weblog
|"Main_blogentry_180110_2" last changed on 18-Jan-2010 01:16:31 EET by JanneJalkanen.|