How did I become myself - the pub edition
I don't do these "fun tests" as often as I did, but this somehow struck a cord: In Facebook, there's this meme spreading about naming 15 important bars or pubs of your lifetime. So here's my list of 15 important ones. Since I'm not much of a pub-goer, it took a while to build the list, especially since I didn't want to include places I've been to only once.
- Kleopatra, Lappeenranta (RIP) My first.
- Willimies ("Wiltsu"), Lappeenranta. The center of the night life of my home town.
- Hotelli Lappee, Lappeenranta. Final night before leaving home. Got a hug from a crush.
- Janoinen Lohi, Helsinki. Neighbourhood bar for many years.
- Kaisla, Helsinki. I always end up here.
- One Pint Pub, Helsinki. The men's room hasn't had a lock as long as I can remember; yet I always go here too.
- Amsterdam, Helsinki. Go. Lots of it.
- Pikkulintu, Helsinki. Enjoyable moments with friends, games and beer.
- Weeruska, Helsinki. The place for the inner circle of bloggers. Many memorable discussions.
- Akkurat, Stockholm. STRONG. STRONG. VERY STRONG.
- Caio, Oulu. Memories of having just fallen in love.
- Keltsu, Espoo. University pub. Oh boy.
- Top of Shinagawa, Shinagawa Prince Hotel, Tokyo. We built something great here. And the scenery is just breathtaking.
- The Pancake Parlour, Bourke St, Melbourne. Not strictly a bar, but spent still a few evenings here.
- Kaffibarinn, Reykjavik. Just love the barrenness of this place, mixed with some strong emotions.
Each one of these has changed my life in some degree - many of them have enhanced it, but some have also damaged it. There are also important places where I've been only once (or places whose names I can't recall), so I have to skip them - which is why there are no English or Scottish pubs on this list. If I could, I would list one memorable bar romp in Edinborough, but...
Back to weblog
|"Main_blogentry_151210_1" last changed on 15-Dec-2010 01:28:18 EET by JanneJalkanen.|