Out of curiosity, I decided to enable OSCache on this web server. For some strange reason, I cannot use their ~CacheFilter, which cuts off everything after 16384 bytes... But we're now both caching the main page, as well as the RSS feed.
Let's see if it helps in page load times and server load.
Update: Yap, everything seems to be snappier, but I can't be certain until I try some serious load later on today...
Update2: OK, apparently it works. I managed to overload my 1.4 GHz Athlon at home when trying to overload this server, but the load here got never over 2, and it still served happily 80+ JSP pages/minute. Hooray for OSCache! I'm definitely going to integrate it into JSPWiki.
Back to weblog
|"Main_blogentry_030703_2" last changed on 04-Jul-2003 00:10:49 EEST by JanneJalkanen.|